DepartmentSociology, Criminology and Human Services
Areas of Expertise
criminology, criminal justice, political sociology, rural sociology, civic engagement
EducationPh.D., Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Associate Professor of Sociology
Recent courses taught:
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Social Theory
- Senior Seminar
- Ceresola, Ryan. 2021. “What We Talk About When We Talk About School Shootings: Framing the Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting in the Twitterverse” in A Relentless Threat: Scholars Respond to Teens on Weaponized School Violence, edited by E. Bloom and K. Vanslyke-Briggs. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Ceresola, Ryan. 2019. “The U.S. Government’s Framing of Corruption: A Content Analysis of Public Integrity Section Reports, 1978-2013.” Crime, Law and Social Change 71(1):47-65.
- Ceresola, Ryan. 2018. “The Influence of Cultural Capital on How AmeriCorps Members Interpret their Service.” Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations 29(1):93-103.
College service and professional affiliations:
- Midwest Sociological Society