The A. Lindsay and Olive B. O’Connor Chair Foundation enables the Department of Nursing to invite distinguished leaders and scholars in the field of nursing and other related disciplines to Hartwick College for a spring and fall Lecture and Workshop Series each year.
Nursing majors, other students, faculty, and community members are invited to attend the evening lecture. Workshops with the guest speaker are scheduled with Hartwick nursing students and area healthcare professionals, and offer the opportunity for an in-depth examination of current trends and issues in healthcare.
Past speakers and topics include:
- Mark Carpenter “The Silent Treatment: How Crucial Conversations Drive Patient Safety”
- Aidan Havener Bohlander, LICSW. “Toxic Stress and Trauma in Early Childhood: Reducing Impact, Nurturing Resilience”
- Lori Ciafardoni, MSN/Ed., RN. “Common Health Issues for the LGBT Population and Transgender Healthcare”
- Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D. “Contaminated without Consent: Bringing Science and Human Rights to Environmental Actions.”
- Emily Edelman “Genetics, Genomics, and You”
- Dr. Richard Zoucha “Inter Cultural Communication in Transcultural Nursing”
Learn more about Nursing at Hartwick