The Center for Student Success offers peer tutors for some of Hartwick’s most rigorous courses. These services are provided free of charge and on a drop-in basis to help refine students’ study skills and to provide assistance in particular subjects. No appointment is required.
Peer tutors are students recommended by faculty or chosen on the basis of strong performance in a specific course.
Tutoring begins Monday, February 10, 2020
Spring 2020 Tutor Schedule coming soon!
Who is eligible for tutoring services?
- All Hartwick College students, in all years and at all levels of understanding, are eligible for tutoring.
- There are occasions when a tutor may not be available in a course. In that case students are encouraged to work directly with their professor on course content.
- In addition to seeking tutoring services, students are encouraged to first speak with their instructor.
How do I get a tutor?
- Peer tutoring drop-in sessions are offered for a variety of classes each term.
- If the course you are seeking tutoring in is not listed on the schedule, please complete the Request a Tutor form using the link above.
Why become a tutor?
- Tutoring allows students to share their enthusiasm for a course and their strategies and techniques for learning the material effectively.
- Tutors are paid for their time (through Work-Study or college employment, based on eligibility)
- Many tutors find the experience of helping fellow students enjoyable
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, contact Cody Gabriel at email@example.com or 607-431-4744.