The Center for Student Success offers peer tutors for some of Hartwick’s most rigorous courses. These services are provided free of charge and on a drop-in basis to help refine students’ study skills and to provide assistance in particular subjects. No appointment is required.
Peer tutors are students recommended by faculty or chosen on the basis of strong performance in a specific course.
Tutoring begins Monday, September 9, 2019
Fall 2019 Tutor Schedule
Peer Tutorial Program
Who is eligible for tutoring services?
- All Hartwick College students, in all years and at all levels of understanding, are eligible for tutoring.
- There are occasions when a tutor may not be available in a course. In that case students are encouraged to work directly with their professor on course content.
- In addition to seeking tutoring services, students are encouraged to first speak with their instructor.
How do I get a tutor?
- Peer tutoring drop-in sessions are offered for a variety of classes each term.
- Please check the schedule daily, as tutoring hours may change based on tutor availability.
Why become a tutor?
- Tutoring allows students to share their enthusiasm for a course and their strategies and techniques for learning the material effectively.
- Tutors are paid for their time (through Work-Study or college employment, based on eligibility)
- Many tutors find the experience of helping fellow students enjoyable
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, contact Paige Stone at email@example.com or 607-431-4195.