Classroom Technology in Shineman Chapel House
Here you will find detailed information about the A/V equipment installed in Shineman Chapel House, and how to use it.
- Screen: motorized at front of room, raises and lowers when controller is turned on
- Projector: Hitachi CP-WX9210
- Controller: Extron touch screen in back of room
- Sound: QSC amp, Shure wireless mic, lectern with mic and built-in speaker
- Connections: VGA, HDMI, video
- Installed media players: Sony Blu-ray DVD player in rack
Touch Screen To Start
- There is a touch screen in the back of the room that controls the functions of the projector.
- “Press here to begin” – this will turn on the projector and lower the screen. It takes about 60 seconds for the projector to warm up before you can select the next function.
- When you turn on the projector, by default it selects the HDMI input (Sharelink). The HDMI cable is located along the front of the room, under the screen.
- If you need to use the VGA cable to connect to your laptop, you will have to change the input using the touch screen, by selecting “VGA“. The VGA cable is located along the front of the room, near the piano. You will also need to connect the “headphones” cable to the jack on your laptop to play sound through the classroom speakers.
- Use the buttons on the right side of the touch screen to raise and lower the volume.
- Be sure to power the system off at the end of every class. Please do not leave this projector on, even if another class is expected in the next 30 minutes. Press the red “System Off” button on the touch screen and follow the directions.
Media Services provides consultation, design, installation and maintenance services for the College classrooms, meeting rooms, and other learning environments.
Details on these services are available by calling Media Services at 431-4176 or emailing email@example.com.