The Office of Payroll

Our Director of Payrolls works closely with The Office Human Resources to welcome new employees. 

All new faculty and staff are required to complete the following employment and payroll paperwork.

Student employees must complete the same paperwork and forms.

Federal Tax Withholding Form


New York State Withholding Form


New York City Withholding Form


Federal Employment Eligibility Form


Paycom – Employee Self-Service (ESS)

This secure college site allows faculty and staff employees to review information about salary, benefits, leave plans, and position.

Paycom – As of December 1, 2021

WebAdvisor- Discontinued November 30, 2021

How and When You Will Be Paid

Payroll Schedule – Employees are paid on a semi-monthly schedule with payroll issued on the 7th and 22nd of each month. Payment will be made by check or direct deposit.

Direct Deposit – Hartwick College offers direct deposit to any financial institution. You simply need to update your information in Paycom Employee Self-Service. You can view your pay information in the Paycom Employee Self-Service portal.

Payroll Checks – If you do not sign up for full direct deposit you will be issued a payroll check each pay period.

Recording Time Worked – Hourly, non-exempt employees must clock in and out each day at the beginning and end of their shifts, as well as clock in and out for their meal periods.

Time Cards – Hourly, non-exempt employees must approve their time card at the end of each pay period. Supervisors must approve timecards, generally on the 1st and 16th of each month according to the pay schedule.

Request for time off must be submitted in the Paycom system and approved by your supervisor.

All students eligible for work-study will be issued a Job Authorization form by the Financial Aid Office each year. This form must be completed by you and your supervisor and returned to the Financial Aid Office.

Students not eligible for work study may be eligible for departmental employment. An authorization form can be obtained from the Student Payroll Office. Completed departmental forms should be returned to the Student Payroll Office.

Students may work for more than one department during the school year. A job authorization form must be completed for each work-study or departmental employment position. When a student who has multiple jobs clocks in, they need to select the correct department to charge.

Students must not exceed the hours per week allocation on the Job Authorization form.

Students working at Hartwick College for the first time need to complete the following forms before beginning work. Links to all forms may be found above.

W-4 Federal Withholding form

IT – 2104 New York State Withholding Form or IT-2104E New York State Exempt Withholding form. This must be completed whether you reside in New York State or not.

I-9 Federal Employment Eligibility Form. Identification is required (for example: US Passport or two forms of ID such as driver’s license or ID card issued by a state AND US Social Security card. The identification used must be original documents. Photo copies cannot be accepted.


Students follow the same pay and time recording process as all other employees.

Payroll Checks – If you do not sign up for direct deposit you will be issued a payroll check each pay period.

Student payroll checks are delivered to the student’s campus mailbox during the semester.

If you do not want your check or direct deposit notice mailed to your home address for the pay periods, you should contact someone in the Student Accounts Office to let them know how you would like your check/deposit form handled.

One payment will be issued for each employee. If you hold multiple positions, earnings will be combined and one payment issued.

Automatic Deduction from Student Payroll to Pay Tuition – Students employed on campus may request to have all or part of their earnings applied directly to their tuition account. To request the deduction, the student must complete a payroll Deduction Authorization form with the Office of Student Accounts. Tuition deduction forms must be completed every year. They do not carry over.

Check Replacement Fees – There is a $35.00 charge to replace a lost payroll check. There will be a $10.00 charge to replace a check that is stale dated (checks are void after 90 days) or damaged (you must bring in the original check). You should see someone in the Payroll Office to have a replacement check issued.

Hartwick College offers some summer employment positions to individuals age 16 and over. Positions are posted on the Summer Employment page of the Human Resources site.  Application forms can be downloaded and taken to the department offering the position. If you are hired for a position, you must fill out the required paperwork.

If you are working for Hartwick College for the first time, you will need to complete a Federal and State tax form and I-9 Federal Employment Eligibility form before you begin work.  The identification used for the I-9 form must be original documents.  Photo copies cannot be accepted.

Temporary summer employees are non-exempt and utilize the time recording procedures listed above.

Meet the Staff

Chris Utter

Director of Payrolls

Financial Services & Risk Management

Office of Payroll
Bresee Hall