RN Mobility Program
Hartwick College offers registered nurses the opportunity to broaden their knowledge through study of the liberal arts and sciences while building on existing skills—a special opportunity that can help them move toward advanced professional nursing practice. The educational Registered Nurses Mobility program accepts nurses who have graduated with a minimum GPA of 2.50 from an accredited U.S. institution with an associate’s degree in nursing and who possess a license as a Registered Nurse (RN).
A minimum of 30 credits must be taken at Hartwick. Advanced standing course credit cannot be applied toward these 30 credits. Students may be accepted with advanced standing as candidates for a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing (this includes up to 34 nursing credits and 10 science credits).
To apply to Hartwick’s RN Mobility Program, you must do the following:
- Complete the RN Mobility Program application
- Complete the application, which may be submitted via mail or by fax at 607-431-4102 or 607-431-4154. Deadlines vary, depending on which semester you expect to start.
- Provide a photocopy of New York state registered nurse license or verification of application.
- Submit an official transcript from each educational institution previously attended, including your high school transcript or a copy of your GED certificate, if applicable.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from faculty within their major.
- Submit a reference from your supervisor (head nurse or director) at work.
- Submit a reference from a colleague.
You must also make an appointment for a personal interview with the Chair of the Department of Nursing. During this interview, we will discuss past coursework and determine what courses you will need to take to complete your Hartwick College requirements. Please bring transcripts from all previously attended colleges to this meeting.
To make an appointment for an interview, call 607-431-4780.
- Credit from other accredited colleges is usually given for courses similar to those offered at Hartwick and completed with a grade of C or higher. The maximum number of transferable credits is approximately 90 of the 124 necessary for the bachelor of science with a major in nursing.
- Sixty credits in the student’s total educational experience must be taken at an upper division college/university. Of these, 30 credits must be taken at Hartwick. Advanced standing course credit cannot be applied toward these 30 credits.
- The Department of Nursing has an articulation agreement with the two-year nursing program at SUNY Delhi and Ellis Hospital School of Nursing. Graduates with a GPA of 2.0 or above may transfer to Hartwick to complete their baccalaureate in nursing.