At Hartwick we know that fitness is an important part of overall wellness. We also know that a well student is better equipped to manage daily college life.
Beginning the week of February 15, the Campbell Fitness Center will be open for faculty, staff and students during the Spring semester at the following days and times (sessions will be limited to 45 mins.):
|Monday ||7 a.m.-9 a.m. & 11 a.m.-10 p.m. |
|Tuesday ||7 a.m.-10 p.m. |
|Wednesday ||7 a.m.-9 a.m. & 11 a.m.-10 p.m. |
|Thursday ||7 a.m.-10 p.m. |
|Friday ||7 a.m.-9 a.m. & 11 a.m.-10 p.m. |
|Saturday ||11 a.m.-8 p.m. |
|Sunday ||11 a.m.-10 p.m. |
Register for Your Workout Time
There are additional required policies due to Covid-19. Please familiarize yourself with the expectations below before arriving in Campbell for your scheduled workout.
- All patrons are required to schedule their workouts weekly and can do so here.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask and social distance while in the Campbell Fitness Center as per the New York State Guidelines, which are available here.
- All patrons are required to show a completed Campus Clear App.
- All patrons are required to go through an objective, non-invasive temperature measurement prior to entry.
- All patrons are required to provide a physical WICKit ID card.
For updates and ideas on how to workout in your room, visit us on Instagram. Campbellfitnesscenter
The Campbell Fitness Center is an inclusive fitness environment that serves the community in order to encourage, educate, and embrace wellness.
The William V. Campbell H’10 Fitness Center is a 6,500 square-foot, state-of-the-art exercise facility designed to meet the needs of all students. It includes the Perrella Cardio & Strength Training Center and the Hutman Studio.
The Perrella Cardio and Strength Training Center has industry-leading fitness technology. Equipment brands include Expresso, Precor and Nautilus. There are 32 different cardio, stretching, strength, and functional training stations including free weights.
The Hutman Studio is multi-purpose exercise and dance studio with mirrors, audio equipment, a wood dance floor, and 13 Keiser spin bikes. The Studio is the home of student-led fitness classes, physical education courses, The Mixed Martial Arts Club, Orchesis rehearsals and more!
Binder Physical Education Center is home to all of our Division III Athletic Teams as well as the Elting Fitness Center, Moyer Pool, Lambros Arena, the small gym and dance studio.
The Elting Fitness Center is a 4,000 square-foot facility with all new equipment from Keiser and Power Life Fitness.
Hartwick scholar-athletes and students have state-of-the-art training equipment. The Keiser equipment is powered by air compression (vs. traditional weights) making it fully functional with constant force resistance for lifting and training. Six Power Life rack Squat/Bench Olympic lift systems allow 12 users to be on the racks at once, facilitating more efficient and streamlined lifting sessions for teams and students who would like to increase their strength. A plyometric and agility room provides teams and students with additional space for stretching, stabilization, speed and agility training.
The Sally Griffiths Herbert ’88 Aquatics Center, dedicated in the fall of 2014, is home to Hartwick’s Division III men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams.
Open swim hours are provided to all Hartwick students, faculty, staff and community members.
Campbell Personal Training Services
No matter what sort of changes or improvements you are looking to make in your life, we have the perfect guide to help you get there! Book a session with one of our certified trainers today, and be one step closer to reaching your fitness & wellness goals!
Meet Our Personal Trainers
Each client must have a valid Hartwick College student ID (WICKit Card) or a valid Hartwick College Fitness membership card.
Potential clients must fill out a Client Information Packet, which may be obtained after emailing our Personal Trainer Supervisor. Clients must pay for all sessions before the process begins. Clients may only pay in WICKit dollars.
Please email us at Campbellfitness@hartwick.edu to get the process started.
The personal training supervisor will notify the potential client upon receipt of the information packet. The assigned trainer will then contact the client to set up an appointment. The trainer will meet the client for the first session at the Membership Services desk at the Campbell Fitness Center.
Personal Training Prices
1 Buddy Sessions
4 Buddy Sessions
Faculty/ Staff Emeriti
Please note that our Personal Trainers are not certified nutritionists, and cannot establish dietary regiments for clients!
Fitness Facility Policies
We are committed to offer our community a safe place to work out and have fun. Therefore we expect everyone to follow Hartwick’s policies and procedures at all times.
General Rules for The Campbell and Elting Fitness Centers & Binder PE Facility Use:
- Please consult your physician prior to undertaking exercise. Participation is at your own risk.
- Please show your ID upon request.
- Please show respect for the equipment, facility, staff and others.
- Horseplay and loud, foul or offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Modifications or rearrangement of equipment or facilities are not permitted.
- Please store books, bags, coats and other personal belongings in the cubbies or areas provided.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shirts and athletic shoes must be worn.
- Please no outside shoes, sandals, open toe shoes or bare feet in any of the facilities.
- Plastic water bottles are allowed and encouraged. All other food and glass containers are not allowed.
- The use of photographic equipment to take pictures of any person in the facilities is prohibited.
- Please pick up trash, towels and personal belongings before leaving.
- Please leave the center in better condition than when you arrived.
The Campbell & Elting Fitness Centers:
- Please limit use of cardio machines to 45 minutes when others are waiting.
- Please use a spotter when lifting heavy weights and the use of safety clips is strongly encouraged.
- Please do not drop or throw the weights.
- Please place weights, plates, bars and dumbbells in their appropriate racks when done.
- Please wipe off equipment after use with the sanitizing wipes provided or spray bottles.
The Moyer Pool:
General Swimming Rules:
- Swimming is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- Please shower and use the restroom before entering the pool.
- All food, drink, chewing gum & tobacco products are not allowed on the pool deck.
- To maintain a healthy environment, please do not swim if you have an open sore.
- Equipment and Artificial Swimming Device usage is at the lifeguard’s discretion; please ask the lifeguard.
- The starting blocks are for competitive swimmers only.
- Diving may only be done in the deep end of the pool and all gymnastic maneuvers are prohibited.
- Circle lap swimming is required after each of the eight lanes is occupied.
- The use of any electrical devices is prohibited on the pool deck.
- The bleacher/balcony area is reserved for competitive swimmers, divers and water polo athletes.
- Please store your belongings in the locker rooms, for day use only.
Diving Board Rules:
- Three meter diving boards are reserved for competitive divers only.
- One meter boards may be used during set times as determined by the lifeguard; please ask the lifeguard.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Double or excessive bouncing is dangerous and is therefore prohibited.
- Check the area in front of the board before diving.
- Clear the area in front of the board after diving by swimming and exiting from the ladder on the side of the pool.
- Please allow all divers to maintain focus while diving.
Usage Agreement for Hartwick Faculty & Staff
Hartwick College values the health and wellness of all employees and their immediate family members. Therefore, the Binder Physical Education Center Facilities and the Campbell Fitness Center are facilities provided for the health and wellness benefit to Hartwick College, faculty and staff.
Employees and their partners and dependent children, up to age 26, may use the athletic facilities at no cost.
Facilities available include Moyer Pool, Campbell and Elting Fitness Centers, Lambros Arena, small gym, tennis courts, and racquetball courts. All Facility policies, procedures and rules apply.
Employees and family members of employees, age 19 and older, must present a Hartwick College ID to gain admittance to facilities. Failure to produce proper identification or violation of facility rules may result in denied admittance or revocation of privilege by College personnel and designated representatives.
Please see the age guidelines listed below:
- Dependent children 15 years and under MUST be accompanied by a parent when using all Binder PE facilities and are not permitted inside the Elting and Campbell Fitness Centers.
- Dependent children 16 to 18 are permitted to use the Fitness Centers ONLY when accompanied by a parent with a valid ID card.
- Dependent Children age 19 and older will receive their own family fitness identification card (ID).
- Dependent children over the age of 26 are not eligible for the free membership and are welcome to purchase a Hartwick Community Fitness Membership.
Guests may, when accompanied by a current faculty and staff member, complete a waiver and sign in for one visit at the desk of the Fitness Center.
Membership plans are available for purchase for non-family members who wish to enjoy these benefits. Please see the specific pages for Community Fitness Membership information.
Please be aware the fitness centers are run primarily by work study students and may close or have fewer hours when classes are not in session. Including fall, winter, spring and summer break weeks.
We ask that all participants please complete the membership application and agree to the guidelines and waiver for the safety of all participants, to maintain the equipment and to ensure the cleanliness of the facility.
When you have completed the application and waiver please return it with all appropriate signatures to The Office of Human Resources. Once your paperwork has been processed and your account created you will receive an email from The Director of Wellness and Health Promotion, Heidi Tanner, which will include directions to follow to have any family fitness ID cards printed.
Faculty & Staff Application
Community Fitness Membership
Hartwick College is excited to extend an opportunity to our valued community supporters to become members of our newly renovated, state of the art fitness facilities. Membership plans are available for purchase. To become a member, or enjoy visiting as a guest, please complete the application found here.
Community Membership Application
For more information contact:
Director of Wellness and Health Promotion
Binder Physical Education Center