Campus Fitness Facilities
At Hartwick we know that fitness is an important part of overall wellness.
The Campbell Fitness Center
The Campbell Fitness Center is an inclusive fitness environment that serves the community in order to encourage, educate, and embrace wellness.
The William V. Campbell H’10 Fitness Center is a 6,500 square-foot, state-of-the-art exercise facility designed to meet the needs of all students. It includes the Perrella Cardio & Strength Training Center and the Hutman Studio.
The Perrella Cardio and Strength Training Center has industry-leading fitness technology. Equipment brands include Expresso, Precor and Escape. There are 32 different cardio, stretching, strength, and functional training stations including the HIIT Hub.
The Hutman Studio
The Hutman Studio is multi-purpose exercise and dance studio with mirrors, audio equipment, a wood dance floor, and 16 Keiser spin bikes. The Studio is the home of student-led fitness classes, physical education courses, The Mixed Martial Arts Club, Orchesis rehearsals and more!
Binder Physical Education Center
Binder Physical Education Center is home to all of our Division III Athletic Teams as well as the Elting Fitness Center, Moyer Pool, Lambros Arena, the small gym and dance studio.
The Elting Fitness Center is a 4,000 square-foot facility with all new equipment from Keiser and Power Life Fitness.
Hartwick scholar-athletes and students have state-of-the-art training equipment. A plyometric and agility room provides teams and students with additional space for stretching, stabilization, speed and agility training.
The Sally Griffiths Herbert ’88 Aquatics Center
The Sally Griffiths Herbert ’88 Aquatics Center, dedicated in the fall of 2014, is home to Hartwick’s Division III men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams.
Open swim hours are provided to all Hartwick students, faculty, staff and community members.
The Campbell Fitness Center will be open to Hartwick students, faculty and staff on Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designation of Otsego County as having a “Substantial” level of COVID-19 transmission, all Hartwick employees, students, and visitors must wear a mask when inside of a campus building, including the Campbell Fitness center.
Any patron not wearing a mask correctly (up over the nose) will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
All patrons are expected to adhere to Hartwick College COVID policies and follow the general facility policies. Weekly reservations are required.
All patrons must have a physical WICKit ID card to enter the facilities. Replacement ID’s can be purchased at the TRC. Contact the TRC at 607-431-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campbell Fitness Center Hours
Monday 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fitness Facility Policies
We are committed to offer our community a safe place to work out and have fun. Therefore we expect everyone to follow Hartwick’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Please limit use of cardio machines to 45 minutes when others are waiting.
- Please use a spotter when lifting heavy weights and the use of safety clips is strongly encouraged.
- Please do not drop or throw the weights.
- Please place weights, plates, bars and dumbbells in their appropriate racks when done.
- Please wipe off equipment after use with the sanitizing wipes provided or spray bottles.
- Swimming is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- Please shower and use the restroom before entering the pool.
- All food, drink, chewing gum & tobacco products are not allowed on the pool deck.
- To maintain a healthy environment, please do not swim if you have an open sore.
- Equipment and Artificial Swimming Device usage is at the lifeguard’s discretion; please ask the lifeguard.
- The starting blocks are for competitive swimmers only.
- Diving may only be done in the deep end of the pool and all gymnastic maneuvers are prohibited.
- Circle lap swimming is required after each of the eight lanes is occupied.
- The use of any electrical devices is prohibited on the pool deck.
- The bleacher/balcony area is reserved for competitive swimmers, divers and water polo athletes.
- Please store your belongings in the locker rooms, for day use only.
Hartwick College values the health and wellness of all employees and their immediate family members. Therefore, the Binder Physical Education Center Facilities and the Campbell Fitness Center are facilities provided for the health and wellness benefit to Hartwick College, faculty and staff.
Hartwick College is excited to extend an opportunity to our valued community supporters to become members of our newly renovated, state of the art fitness facilities. Membership plans are available for purchase.
To become a member, or enjoy visiting as a guest, please complete the application found here.
General Rules for The Campbell and Elting Fitness Centers & Binder PE Facility Use:
- Please consult your physician prior to undertaking exercise. Participation is at your own risk.
- Please show your ID upon request.
- Please show respect for the equipment, facility, staff and others.
- Horseplay and loud, foul or offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Modifications or rearrangement of equipment or facilities are not permitted.
- Please store books, bags, coats and other personal belongings in the cubbies or areas provided.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shirts and athletic shoes must be worn.
- Please no outside shoes, sandals, open toe shoes or bare feet in any of the facilities.
- Plastic water bottles are allowed and encouraged. All other food and glass containers are not allowed.
- The use of photographic equipment to take pictures of any person in the facilities is prohibited.
- Please pick up trash, towels and personal belongings before leaving.
- Please leave the center in better condition than when you arrived.
Meet Our Personal Trainers
They are ready to help you achieve your fitness goals.Personal Trainers