The COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic continues to create risks and uncertainties associated with on-campus educational programs of colleges and universities. The potential continuing impacts of the pandemic are not fully foreseeable, and may impact the feasibility and/or structure of on-campus learning. The tuition rates charged by the College are not dependent on the format of the educational programs for which they are payable. Accordingly, if the College is required to alter the structure of its on-campus educational programs or transition students to remote learning models (in whole or in part) due to restrictions imposed by federal, state or local governmental authorities or applicable law, or if the College determines such action to be warranted in light of continuing or potential impacts of the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic, no reduction or refund of tuition will be made based on the resulting changes to the programs in which students are enrolled.
Refund Policy Effective 1/1/2021
There may be an occasion during the academic year when a student decides to voluntarily withdraw from the College after classes have begun. Refunds of tuition will be made according to the following schedule. The Fall billing period includes all of Fall Term and one-half of January Term. The Spring billing period includes the second half of January Term and all of Spring Term.
Tuition Refund Schedule
Second Week of Billing Cycle
|Third Week of Billing Cycle
|Fourth Week of Billing Cycle
|Fifth Week of Billing Cycle
|Sixth Week of Billing Cycle
|Seventh Week of Billing Cycle
|Eighth Week of Billing Cycle
|Ninth Week of Billing Cycle
|Tenth Week of Billing Cycle
For students voluntarily taking a general or medical leave or withdrawing from the college:
- After the tenth week of the billing period, no refund of tuition will be made.
- Financial Aid will be recalculated according to institutional, state and federal policies/regulations.
- Room charges are prorated for the first two weeks of the billing period only. After two weeks, no refund is given.
- Board charges for the board/meal plan will be prorated on a weekly basis for the first ten weeks of the billing period, after that there will be no refund of board.
- Comprehensive Fee is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- Course fees, such as Art, Music, Nursing, PE, etc., are non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- The optional health insurance fee is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- See Tuition Insurance for further information on medical leaves.
Approved Remote Study Requests:
- No adjustments are made to tuition or fees for students who are approved to study remotely.
- Room and board will be prorated based on when the remote request is received and approved. Room charges are prorated for the first two weeks of the billing period and board charges will be prorated on a weekly basis for the first ten weeks of the billing period.
- Financial aid will be reviewed for any required recalculations.
Quarantine or isolation:
- For those who quarantine or isolate off campus, there is no refund of room and board for the time they are not on campus.
Conduct Violations & Sanctions:
- Administrative leave with academic suspension for semester, administrative leave with approved remote study for the duration of the semester, or administrative leave with approved remote study for part of the semester – no adjustments for Tuition, Fees, Room or Board.
- Suspension, interim suspension or expulsion – no adjustments for Tuition, Fees, Room or Board.
Mandatory campus closure:
- If for any reason the campus must be closed to residential living, room and board charges will be refunded on a prorated weekly basis. No room or board charges will be refunded after the tenth week of the billing period.
- If for any reason the campus must be closed to residential living, and remote instruction is not possible, tuition will be reimbursed on a pro-rated basis. Please refer to the tuition refund chart above. All adjustments will be predicated on a recalculation of financial aid.
Temporary college-wide remote study:
- If for any reason the College must revert to remote study only for a temporary period, there will be no refunds of room, board or tuition and fee charges.