Refund Policy Effective 7/1/2021
There may be an occasion during the academic year when a student decides to voluntarily withdraw from the College after classes have begun. Refunds of tuition will be made according to the following schedule. The Fall billing period includes all of Fall Term and one-half of January Term. The Spring billing period includes the second half of January Term and all of Spring Term.
Tuition Refund Schedule
|Second Week of Billing Cycle
|Third Week of Billing Cycle
|Fourth Week of Billing Cycle
|Fifth Week of Billing Cycle
|Sixth Week of Billing Cycle
|Seventh Week of Billing Cycle
|No adjustments after week seven of the semester.
For students voluntarily taking a general or medical leave or withdrawing from the college:
- After the seventh week of the billing period, no refund of tuition will be made.
- Financial Aid will be recalculated according to institutional, state and federal policies/regulations.
- Room charges are prorated for the first two weeks of the billing period only. After two weeks, no refund is given.
- Board charges for the board/meal plan will be prorated on a weekly basis for the first seven weeks of the billing period, after that there will be no refund of board.
- Comprehensive Fee is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- Course fees, such as Art, Music, Nursing, PE, etc., are non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- The optional health insurance fee is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- See Tuition Insurance for further information on medical leaves.
Quarantine or isolation:
- For those who quarantine or isolate off campus, there is no refund of room and board for the time they are not on campus.
Administrative Leave, Suspension or Expulsion:
- Administrative leave, suspension, interim suspension or expulsion – no adjustments for Tuition, Fees, Room or Board.
Mandatory campus closure:
- If for any reason the campus must be closed to residential living, room and board charges will be refunded on a prorated weekly basis. No room or board charges will be refunded after the seventh week of the billing period.
- If for any reason the campus must be closed to residential living, and remote instruction is not possible, tuition will be reimbursed on a pro-rated basis. Please refer to the tuition refund chart above. All adjustments will be predicated on a recalculation of financial aid.
Temporary college-wide remote study:
- If for any reason the College must revert to remote study only for a temporary period, there will be no refunds of room, board or tuition and fee charges.