The COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic continues to create risks and uncertainties associated with on-campus educational programs of colleges and universities. The potential continuing impacts of the pandemic are not fully foreseeable, and may impact the feasibility and/or structure of on-campus learning. The tuition rates charged by the College are not dependent on the format of the educational programs for which they are payable. Accordingly, if the College is required to alter the structure of its on-campus educational programs or transition students to remote learning models (in whole or in part) due to restrictions imposed by federal, state or local governmental authorities or applicable law, or if the College determines such action to be warranted in light of continuing or potential impacts of the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic, no reduction or refund of tuition will be made based on the resulting changes to the programs in which students are enrolled.
There may be an occasion during the academic year when a student decides to withdraw from the College after classes have begun. Refunds of tuition will be made according to the following schedule. The Fall billing period includes all of Fall Term and one-half of January Term. The Spring billing period includes the second half of January Term and all of Spring Term.
|Second Week of Billing Cycle
|Third Week of Billing Cycle
|Fourth Week of Billing Cycle
|Fifth Week of Billing Cycle
|Sixth Week of Billing Cycle
|Seventh Week of Billing Cycle
|Eighth Week of Billing Cycle
|Ninth Week of Billing Cycle
|Tenth Week of Billing Cycle
- After the tenth week of the billing period, no refund of tuition will be made.
- Per our policy, no adjustments are made to tuition for students who elect to study remotely
- Financial Aid will be re-calculated according to school policy and federal regulations.
- Room charges are pro-rated for the first two weeks of the billing cycle only. After two weeks, no refund is given. For the Fall 2020 semester, pro-rated room charges will be available until September 17th to coincide with the temporary period of remote instruction.
- Board charges for the board/meal plan will be prorated on a weekly basis.
- Comprehensive Fee–is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- Health Insurance–the optional health insurance fee is non-refundable after the start of the semester.
- Medical leaves abide by the same refund policy as listed above. See Tuition Insurance for further information.
- No refund of tuition, fees, room or board will be granted when a student is:
- or receives an Administrative Leave with Academic Suspension for non-compliance with the Social Compact from Hartwick College.
- After September 17th, if the College is required to close the campus, or voluntarily makes the decision to do so due to environment conditions to protect the health and safety of its students and our community, room charges will be refunded on a prorated weekly basis up to 75% of the total semester charges