How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting
These instructions are adapted from Zoom Support. Full explanations of each feature are available there or by contacting the TRC for support.
1. Open your Zoom client (Start, All Programs, Zoom, Start Zoom)
2. Log in with your Hartwick Gmail account (if you are not already)
3. Click the Schedule option
4. Select your meeting settings Information about each setting is available at Zoom Support.
5. The last setting asks which calendar you wish to use. Be sure to select your Google calendar if that is where your appointments are. If you select ‘other calendar’, Zoom will allow you to copy and paste the scheduled meeting information into an email message if that is what you prefer.
6. Click Schedule
7. If you selected Google calendar for the calendar, a calendar appointment window will attempt to open. Log in to your Gmail account when prompted and click ‘Allow’ to give Zoom access to your calendar (recommended).
8. You will see the appointment window with the meeting information in the description field of the calendar
appointment, and can add any additional info you would like.
9. You can now add the email addresses of the remote attendee(s) into the ‘add guests’ area, one at a time.
10. When guests have been added click Save and you will be prompted to send the calendar invitation to your
11. Guests will be able to launch the meeting from the email message they receive or from their electronic calendar.
Running a Scheduled Zoom Meeting
1. Open your Zoom Client (Start, All Programs, Zoom, Start Zoom)
2. Do not use the join option as this will make you a meeting participant rather than the host.
3. At the bottom of the window, click Meetings
4. Hover over your meeting and click the Start button. This makes you the meeting host.
5. You may wish to click the link labelled ‘test computer mic and speakers’ to be sure everything is set correctly. If satisfied, close the test window.
6. Click ‘join audio conference by computer.’
7. The host controls will appear at the bottom of your Zoom window.
Zoom Host Controls
Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute and unmute your microphone.
Audio Controls (via the ^ arrow next to mute/unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start and stop your own video.
Video Controls (via the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video): If you have multiple cameras on your computer, you can select which Zoom is using, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
Invite: Invite others to join your meeting.
Manage Participants: This opens up the Participants window.
Polling: This allows you to create, edit, and launch your polls. The options to create or launch polls will open up the Zoom web portal in your default browser.
Share Screen: Click on this to start a screen share. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share.
Screen Share Controls (via the ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your meeting and if you want only the host or any participant to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
Record: Start or stop a cloud or local recording.
Closed Caption: If you have enabled closed captioning for your account, click here to access the closed caption options. (A meeting co-host must type the captions as the meeting progresses.)
Breakout Rooms: Start breakout rooms.
End Meeting: This will end the meeting for all participants.
More: Clicking on More will give you access to additional options.
Check Zoom Support