Hartwick College maintains a productive and smoke-free educational and work environment for all students, employees, and campus visitors.
“Smoking” is defined as the use of electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, burning of a cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other smoking material, and is prohibited:
- within 25 feet of any College building entrance or exit;
- under any covered walkway or building overhang;
- within the immediate vicinity of all windows and air intakes;
- in College-owned vehicles;
- in all buildings, and in all spaces including classrooms, lecture halls, residence halls and rooms, offices, meeting rooms, lounges, restrooms, locker rooms, dining areas, and other educational and work areas;
- in College guest houses and similar College properties;
- in public places including indoor and outdoor athletic venues, residence hall common areas, performing arts spaces, galleries, hallways, stairwells, and lobbies.
Enforcement of this policy is the responsibility of the College community. Any student, faculty member, staff member, or visitor may request individuals to comply with this policy. Failure to comply with the policy will result in referral to Student Life, Academic Affairs or Human Resources.