The Office of Residential Life and Housing employs professional staff members, undergraduate Community Development Advisors, undergraduate Resident Advisors, and multiple Night Hosts in each residence hall.
Learn more about each of these positions and How to Apply to become part of the Residential Life and Housing team.
Professional Staff Opportunities
The Office of Residential Life and Housing employs several professional staff members. Please see Hartwick’s Human Resources webpage for any professional staff openings.
Community Development Advisor Selection Process
The Office of Residential Life & Housing employs Community Development Advisors (CDAs) in multiple buildings. The CDA is responsible for assisting a professional staff member with administrative tasks and community building efforts in their residential area, along with promoting paraprofessional development in Residential Advisors through facilitation of in-service opportunities.
Resident Advisor Selection Process
The Office of Residential Life & Housing employs Resident Advisors (RA) across campus. The Resident Advisor is responsible for the operation of a floor or wing in a residence hall under the direct supervision of a professional staff member. The role of the Resident Advisor is to facilitate and maintain a positive living environment in the residence hall that is conducive to the academic achievement and social growth of its residents.
Resident Advisor selection is done early in the spring semester for the following academic year. The selection process is designed to help applicants get to know new people, learn about themselves, and gain important skills regardless of their status at the end of the selection process.
2017-2018 RA Selection Timeline & RA Selection Process (New, Returning, & CDA)
Step 1: Attend Interest Meeting
You must attend one interest meeting to start the RA Selection Process.
Interest Meeting Times and Locations:
- Monday, January 9 at 7 p.m., Chesebro Room, Dewar 2nd Floor
- Tuesday, January 24 at 8 p.m., Chesebro Room, Dewar 2nd Floor
- Wednesday, February 8 at 6 p.m., Golisano 103
- Monday, February 13 at 12:30 p.m., Chesebro Room, Dewar 2nd Floor
- Thursday, February 16 at 12:30 p.m., Chesebro Room, Dewar 2nd Floor
Step 2: Submit Application
Turn in Application by due date!
- Monday, February 12, 2018: Completed Applications (including resume and cover letter) due on Hartlink by 5:00 p.m. EST
Step 3: Submit 3 Recommendations
- 1 Staff, 1 Faculty, & 1 Current RA/CDA
- Due Friday, February 16, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. EST – Dewar 4th floor
Step 4: Group Process Interviews
- Sunday, February 18, 2018, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
- Location: TBD
Step 5: Individual Interviews
- Sunday, February 25, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Dewar 3rd & 4th floor conference rooms
- May be video recorded
Step 6: Decision Outcome Letters Sent to Applicants via Campus Mailboxes
Step 7: Submit Your Letter of Intent
- Return your letter to Biama Charles, Associate Director of Residential Life and Housing, Dewar 421B
- Due Friday, March 9, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. EST
The Office of Residential Life & Housing employs work study eligible student workers called Night Hosts. They are responsible for ensuring a safe environment during the evening hours by performing rounds within the Residence Halls and signing in guests and visitors. Night Hosts are supervised by the professional staff members in each building. For additional information, or to apply for a Night Host position, please see your building’s Hartlink page.