Enrollment and Degree Verifications

Degree Verification

Hartwick College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verification.

National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at:

Web: www.studentclearinghouse.org
Phone:  (703) 742-4200
Fax: (703) 742-4239
E-mail: degreeverify@studentclearinghouse.org
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse; 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment verifications are requested routinely by parents, insurance companies, scholarship providers, employers and loan companies who require proof of your student standing, that is, whether you are currently enrolled or not.

Any release of academic information to a third party requires the student’s permission, whether by signature or by electronic certification.

Current Students

Whenever possible, the student should request proof of enrollment and degree and provide this information to the appropriate third party. The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing enrollment verifications. Please log in to your WebAdvisor account and click the ‘Enrollment Verification’ link under the ‘Academic Profile’ menu. You will be taken to the National Student Clearinghouse where you can log in using your Social Security Number and print your enrollment verification for the current semester or for all semesters you have attended Hartwick. This service is offered to current Hartwick students free of charge.

  • Contact the Clearinghouse with your questions or concerns:
    Email: service@clearinghouse.org
    Phone: (703) 742-4200
  • This service should not be used for student loans.
  • For health insurers, be sure to include policy numbers, group type (if appropriate), and any supporting forms/identifying documentation provided by the insurance company so they can process your verification. There is a space on the enrollment verification to indicate policy number(s).
  • You may FAX your requests to the clearinghouse at (703) 742-4239.

Former Students and Alumni

Former students and alumni can also request proof of enrollment from the National Student Clearinghouse.

Third Parties

Any release of academic information to a third party requires the student’s permission, even when the third party is the student’s parent.

  • Third parties should request enrollment and degree information from the National Student Clearinghouse. They can also call (703)742-4200 or fax their request (703)742-4239. There is a fee for this service. The clearinghouse provides customer service support Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm, EST.
  • Specially contracted requestors can conduct self-service inquiries for educational credentials online 24 hours a day.
Back To Top